PHP => 13 years
HTML => 13 years
MYSQL => 13 years
Bash => 8 years
Redis => 6 years
Docker => 5 years
Kubernetes => 5 years
Swift/Objective-C => 3 years
PostgreSQL => 2 years
Java => 2 years
Python => 1 years
MongoDB => 1 years
Senior Software Engineer
Wayfair, Inc. - March 2022 to Present
- Responsible for building, managing, and maintaining internal web applications built in PHP and TypeScript.
- Perform code reviews and participate in planning meetings for our team roadmap.
- Owner of several tech initiatives to continue to drive our tools forward, engaging with new customers and teams.
- Maintains and authors documentation and training resources.
- Spearheaded several tech-cleanup initiatives to clean up and modernize legacy code.
Apple, Inc. - October 2015 to March 2022
- Responsible for building, managing, and maintaining internal web applications.
- Owner and SME for 70% of the finance applications in our ecosystem.
- Work cross-functionally to verify all product and user needs are met.
- Mentor and train junior developers through working sessions and code reviews.
- Create best practices documentation for our applications and Kubernetes release environment.
- Automated project setup, configuration, and deployment to speed up development processes by 400%.
VIP Auto - January 2014 to October 2015
- Developed a reporting platform to support the company’s 60+ stores.
- Handled training initiatives for users across the company.
- Automated report generation and delivery to drive morning sales goals meetings.
- Worked with marketing to define requirements and perform debug for the corporate website and online store.
Software Design Engineer
Big Fish Games - June 2012 to December 2013
- Developed unit tests for internal system taking test coverage from 0% to above 90%.
- Maintained and owned CMS for delivering content to an iOS SDK.
- Created validation for iOS in-app-purchases to circumvent hackers, preventing thousands of hackers from getting free products.
- Responsible for training and performing code reviews for junior employees.
Banyan Branch, Inc. (Deloitte Digital) - November 2011 to June 2012
- Developed Facebook Apps using multiple social networking APIs including Twitter and Instagram for marketing campaigns.
- Created internal best practices document for development pipeline and code structure to ensure all developers would create code that was similar and easy to maintain.
- Tasked with creating and maintaining a status board application that communicated with the BaseCamp API to display project status and deadlines for the team.
Innovyx, Inc. - August 2009 to November 2011
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading a 10 year old PHP platform to a more modern OOP structure.
- Owed and enhanced existing QA automation processes to validate our systems as well as avoid our marketing emails being marked as SPAM.